Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Survival forums

+6
Woowoo678
JoshWS
Sinious
Felicieno
weirdos52
imtheparty12
10 posters

:: Imperium :: Discussion

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Survival forums Empty Survival forums

Post by imtheparty12 Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:42 pm

imtheparty12
imtheparty12

https://www.facebook.com/UniversityOfMinecraft

Back to top Go down

Survival forums Empty Re: Survival forums

Post by weirdos52 Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:31 pm

building code??? permits?????
really??
sounds like your conntrolling way to much party.
guests 15x15 plot? special areas?
taking all the fun i see..
have fun im finding a new premium server.
Cool :D Cool
p.s. if u want to build u should be able to build where you want not in ah...forget it you wont listen anyways.

Last edited by weirdos52 on Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : permits)
weirdos52
weirdos52

Back to top Go down

Post by Felicieno Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:11 pm

15 x 15 is Preeettttyyy smallll. I can hardly build in that space. Not to metion, how are they supposed to get ranked if they're supposed to build good in a 15 x 15 spot?
Felicieno
Felicieno

Back to top Go down

Post by weirdos52 Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:13 pm

Felicieno wrote:15 x 15 is Preeettttyyy smallll. I can hardly build in that space. Not to metion, how are they supposed to get ranked if they're supposed to build good in a 15 x 15 spot?

i guess they can build up to the sky but wait that dose not look good.

oh and 500th post right here.

Last edited by weirdos52 on Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 500th post)
weirdos52
weirdos52

Back to top Go down

Survival forums Empty hmm

Post by Sinious Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:47 pm

i think its good except the 15x15 but it all seems fine to me i can go by those rules.
Sinious
Sinious

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshWS Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:30 am

I do think those rules are quite harsh, especially on the higher levels. I've re-written a version I believe would be better, so can you look at it please. I have also assumed the economy will work properly. Changes are in bold.

Spoiler:

I think woowoo will not agree with these rules, and so I also propose everyone can build anywhere, just not with 150 blocks of a city, and to build in a city, permission is needed.

JoshWS

Back to top Go down

Post by imtheparty12 Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:38 pm

Thanks josh. I needed peoples opinions, this is definitely not finalization weirdos. We still have more decisions to make such as whether or not pvp will be on, a white-list, vip/donator ranks, special ranks for those active on classic and premium and etc. I'd like everyone to discuss that here.
imtheparty12
imtheparty12

Back to top Go down

Post by imtheparty12 Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:41 pm

btw josh, i made you an admin on the survival forums, simply scroll to the bottom of it's page and click administration panel to edit the forums. I will admit... it's very confusing >.< but after a while you learn a bit of it... i suggest using simple view... advanced will give a headache after a while...
imtheparty12
imtheparty12

Back to top Go down

Post by Woowoo678 Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:42 pm

1. We don't need a separate forum for Survival. Just post survival stuff in this one.

2. While a lot of the rules are reasonable, please do not make a bunch of rules for my server without my permission. I will try to make some revisions to these rules sometime soon.
Woowoo678
Woowoo678
Admin

Minecraft Name : woowoo678

https://dominionfreebuild.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tarantula818 Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:01 pm

Nice job with the new forums, they look very nice. The new rules and regulations look decent, hopefully will be in effect soon. If Java stops being a thorn in my side, I can join you in leadership, hopefully that can be done asap. Until then, keep everything under control as you have been, and maybe shit wont hit the fan again. Day off tomorrow :D

Tarantula818

Back to top Go down

Post by imtheparty12 Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:20 pm

Woowoo, I'm making this based off of popular opinion. If this server's going to get as popular as I'm about to make it, then I'm making a forums for it. This is a suggestion I recieved a long time ago from a good friend of mine who runs servers. The rules are also based off of a few of my favorite servers ever.
imtheparty12
imtheparty12

Back to top Go down

Post by imtheparty12 Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:21 pm

on a final note, I didn't make these rules on a final note, this is something I made up and wanted opinions so everyone can agree on some sort of final solution. No rules are implemented at all, that's why there's chaos on that server. So, this is what I did.
imtheparty12
imtheparty12

Back to top Go down

Post by imtheparty12 Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:24 pm

imtheparty12 wrote:We still have more decisions to make such as whether or not pvp will be on, a white-list, vip/donator ranks, special ranks for those active on classic and premium and etc. I'd like everyone to discuss that here.

Can we please get this going guys?
imtheparty12
imtheparty12

Back to top Go down

Post by imtheparty12 Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:50 pm

Felicieno wrote:15 x 15 is Preeettttyyy smallll. I can hardly build in that space. Not to metion, how are they supposed to get ranked if they're supposed to build good in a 15 x 15 spot?

You'd get rank simply for building a basic house
imtheparty12
imtheparty12

Back to top Go down

Post by Felicieno Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:51 pm

Building a basic house? But wouldn't that bring you to your new ranks, Member? You wouldn't rank after that, you said it was Mod.
Felicieno
Felicieno

Back to top Go down

Post by imtheparty12 Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:57 pm

Felicenio, how the ranks will be is definitely still at question. Anything I say about them is completely variable. They will either stay the same and ranks will be given based on building just like the classic server, or they will be Guest, Member, (Some sort of VIP or donator ranks), Minimod, Mod, Headmod, Admin, Owner. Member would be given after going through the tutorial area that shows all our rules and then being asked at the end 3 questions about our rules by a mod. If they're correct, they get ranked and gain access to the server, if not, they need to go back and study the rules again. You'd be allowed to build anywhere in the wild at anytime you want, but you'd be susceptible to grief and theivery. The way to prevent that would be to buy a plot in town with in-game money or to donate for VIP or other donator ranks and make your own city with in-game money. You'd be allowed to have a job to earn in-game money using the Jobs plugin. You could also sell stuff to other players or markets for in-game money. We'd need to put together a price list for most items in the game and monetary gain rates for the jobs plugin. Now to explain Jobs, let's say you become a miner. You get .50 for mining stone, 30.00 for mining lapis, and 50.00 for diamond (of course there will be other ores with prices as well based on their rarity) and that's at level one. Mining these blocks also gives you experience in the job and you eventually level up, so at level two, you get .75 for stone, 32.00 for lapis, and 55.00 for diamond, and so on. This translates for other jobs too, such as Hunter, Fisher, Farmer, Digger, Builder, Crafter, etc. Along with this I'd like to have mcMMO added, which gives you skill sets like acrobatics, mining, excavation, herbalism, woodcutting, swords, axes, etc. Basically it works like an RPG would and you level up these skills for certain things to gain from it like skills etc.

More info:

Jobs
iConomy
mcMMO
imtheparty12
imtheparty12

Back to top Go down

Post by imtheparty12 Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:02 pm

Here's a list of plugins I'd like to see:
Essentials or something like it
PermissionsEX
mcMMO
Tim the Enchanter
Jobs
ChestShop
iConomy
Vault
Towny
WorldGuard

For info about these plugins, please go here.
imtheparty12
imtheparty12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinious Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:27 pm

WOW I really love the job idea I think that would be VERY fun I would love that.
Sinious
Sinious

Back to top Go down

Post by FR3NCHTOAST Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:48 pm

With all due respect, I think this is a terrible idea. This will basically turn the server into one that doesn't give two craps about its players. One where the admins hold ALL of the power. I do not want a server like that. Building permits? I hate that idea. I thought this would be a survival server.
FR3NCHTOAST
FR3NCHTOAST

Location : Reading what I wrote here initially gives me the shits.

Back to top Go down

Post by FR3NCHTOAST Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:53 pm

To me, this opens the door to “PAY $10 FOR ADMIN!”
FR3NCHTOAST
FR3NCHTOAST

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinious Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:13 pm

I don't like it but the job idea should stay and selling i think those 2 are great ideas.
Sinious
Sinious

Back to top Go down

Post by Felicieno Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:20 pm

The only thing I'm unsure about is the Iconomy. I've had that added to a server where I owned and was building my own personal Faction. You had to pay a tax every day to pay for "Upkeep of the Faction" otherwise, your faction was demolished. I'm not sure whether this will work with the Cities option, but I just don't like it.
Felicieno
Felicieno

Back to top Go down

Survival forums Empty hey

Post by Blood_Mind Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:48 am

i just got back because my minecraft was f*cked up, but what's with the server? i cant find it anymore and i looked up Imperium Freebuild
Blood_Mind
Blood_Mind

Minecraft Name : Blood_Mind

https://www.facebook.com/transform.now

Back to top Go down

Post by FR3NCHTOAST Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:27 am

I do like Iconomy though. I have one request. I don't know which plugin it is, but can the command /sell be in the server? Oh pretty please with French toast on top?
FR3NCHTOAST
FR3NCHTOAST

Back to top Go down

Post by imtheparty12 Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:37 pm

There won't be taxes and this does give power to just the admins. And no, there is no paying for admin. Those with some form of donator rank hold no power over those who don't. Donation is also not an exemption from banning. Admins will only be there to ensure rules aren't broken, that's all. They're peacekeepers, not dictators. Sort of like my newfound nicer personality. I'm there to help you and help the server, not to rule you and rule the server. Btw FR3NCHTOAST, there is no plugin for that, it's in the iConomy configuration to set that up. I have a lot of griefing experience and personally love servers with /sell because it's a helluvah lot easier to "burn the evidence" and gain money. What I don't like about /sell is that money is magically generated out of thin air and the item just disappears. No one gained anything, there was no social interaction or effort in the deal. I would love to see chestshop as this allows players to gain money outside of jobs as well as opening the social gateway. I promise you all that the ideas I have are not of my own and will work out excellently. Here's an example of donating. Let's say the ranks for donating are Iron, Gold, Diamond, and Obsidian. Donate $5 for Iron, $10 for Gold, $15 for Diamond, and $20 for Obsidian. Now, all you gain is little perks that improve your minecrafting experience, not give you power. At Iron, you gain 5,000 in-game money (about enough to buy a 10x10x5 plot in a reasonable persons city and the same that you start out with when you first join the server. With the money you also gain access to a private shop that sells items like Sponges and Cobwebs unlimitedly, but for high prices. Finally, you would be allowed a 50x50x25 plot for a city to be bought for 100,000. Next at Gold, you get 15,000 in-game money, adminshop access, 50,000 for a city (all cities being 50x50x25), and /feed command. Then Diamond would get 30,000 in-game money, adminshop, 35,000 for a city, /feed, /fly, /heal and a very very small amount of basic worldedit commands. Finally, Obsidian would get 50,000 in-game money, adminshop, a free city, all the previous stated command accesses, a spot on the server's Wall of Fame (Not to be confused with the Wall of Shame or the Hall of Flame), and the ability to make a new market district in the central city for 150,000 in-game money. This system is something a very professional server owner put together and helped me with. It's not exactly like his server at all, but it's a near-perfect system. The only flaw to all servers is 1. Lack of anti-grief protections 2. Possible admin abuse and 3. Alliances of players fighting amongst each other. The ideas I have presented go for the survival/RPG/economical realism type of theme. I don't exactly recall who said that this was supposed to be a survival server, but trust me, there will be survivalism in it. You must collect supplies to build in the PvP allowed wilderness. I think WorldBorder would be a good plugin. It creates an invisible border that stops players from going infinitely in one direction. This force socialization and pvp. I have one last plugin request and that is MobArena. This will allow hunters to gain income during the day and would allow leveling of the Swords, Archery, and Axes skills. Basically you pick a class and ready up to fight waves of mobs. Each wave gives you tougher enemies and survival gives you neat prizes. You never have to worry about losing resources from armor and weapons as choosing a class suits you up in armor and such. I hope you all think a little more positively of these ideas now. Please ask any questions or state any concerns.
imtheparty12
imtheparty12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next